Sunday, August 6, 2017

Application to Me

This week has been a bit of a blur, and yet again I find myself writing this late at night at the end of the weekend, in some ways hurrying to do this just to get it done. As I've reflected each day on passage I've studied, my mind has thought about the past few years since I graduated college. In my first full time ministry job so much changed in my understanding of God, and the relationship I had with Him. I'm currently in the process of recovering what was lost, and rekindling the first that was smothered.

As I reflect on the majority of John 4, I find myself longing for true satisfaction in Christ. Apart from God, nothing can satisfy, not even ministry done for God. I desire to be sustained by God, and I want to own the reality that when I invite Him He will come. It's crucial to remember that Jesus gently confronts and deals with sin, and those who seek Him are never rejected.

God has not rejected me, and God is not angry with me. For so long I've felt that my apparent failures in ministry have disappointed Him, causing Him to reject me, and leave me on my own. These feelings have caused me to not seek Him or invite Him to stay. These are lies of the enemy; this is an attempt of the lion to get me alone and devour me. They key is finding satisfaction and sustenance in Christ. This allows for defense against the enemies attacks and survival.

This is what God desires, and this is what God offers. The enemy does not want the reality to be accepted because when it is, He is resisted and defeated.

TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment